Our 2016 Celebration of Character Luncheon is SOLD OUT!
Thank you to everyone who is joining us and see you on Oct. 26.
York Regional Council has declared Character Community Week - Oct 24-29.
In the past, all local municipalities and The Regional Municipality of York proclaimed a week in October as Character Community Week.
During this week, a number of events, done in partnership with our supporters, take place across the region to raise awareness about the Character Community initiative and the benefits of living with positive character.
This year, Character Community Foundation of York Region is asking to proclaim the week of October 24-29, 2016 Character Community Week.
October’s Attribute is Inclusiveness: I will work to build a community where everyone feels included, empowered, and valued for his or her unique contributions.
Connecting Character INTO your Community Challenge
During this year’s Character Community Week we encourage you to find or create a character themed photo.
View our photo gallery above for examples we have already found in our York Region community.
Tell us about where you found it or how you created it using the Hashtag #CCWeek16. Please include location and municipality too.
Post your actions and pictures on our Facebook or Twitter pages below and we will enter you into a random draw for prizes to be awarded on Nov 7, 2016.
Facebook search for us as Character Community or Follow Us us on Twitter as @charactercmunty
Challenge, share and pass along to others - don't forget to use the Hashtag #CCWeek16, and to "follow" and "like" us.
Character Community Foundation of York Region (CCFYR) is a not-for-profit charitable organization, launched in 2001, registered in 2007 and granted status as the first registered Character Community charity in Canada.
Our MISSION is to engage individuals and organizations in positive character development.
Our VISION is that York Region leads in community character development.
Our CORE VALUES: Collaboration, Inclusiveness, Integrity and Responsibility.
CCFYR represents a group of committed volunteers and leaders from the community, government, education and business sectors who support our ongoing Mission to engage individuals and organizations in positive character development and to work toward our Vision of having York Region lead in community character development.
CCFYR recognizes 11 character attributes: compassion, courage, fairness, honesty, inclusiveness, initiative, integrity, optimism, perseverance, respect and responsibility.
We offer programs and events that promote the benefit that living with character creates in our families, schools, businesses and neighbourhoods by acting as a catalyst for positive change and citizen engagement.
Our Community Partners:
- The Regional Municipality of York
- The Towns of Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, the Township of King and the Cities of Markham and Vaughan
- Metroland Media Group - York Region
- Neighbourhood Network - Magna for Community
- Rogers TV
- YMCA - GTA
- York Region District School Board
- York Catholic District School Board
- York Regional Police
- Annual York Region Character Community Awards evening
- Character Community Week - Oct 24-29, 2016
- Character 4 Organizations (C40) workshops
- Celebration of Character- Community Champions Luncheon -Oct. 26, 2016
- Slap Shot Newcomer/Low income Hockey Program in York Region schools
- Music Alive Festival for York Region schools and community groups
- Network North Collaborative in East Gwillimbury – a United Way Strength Investments initiative.
|Live each day with ... Compassion, Courage, Fairness, Honesty, Inclusiveness, Initiative, Integrity, Optimism, Perserverance, Respect and Responsibility.|