Character Community Foundation of York Region (CCFYR) is a not-for-profit charitable organization, launched in 2001, registered in 2007 and granted status as the first registered Character Community charity in Canada.
Our MISSION is to engage individuals and organizations in positive character development.
Our VISION is that York Region leads in community character development.
Our CORE VALUES: Collaboration, Inclusiveness, Integrity and Responsibility.
CCFYR represents a group of committed volunteers and leaders from the community, government, education and business sectors who support our ongoing Mission to engage individuals and organizations in positive character development and to work toward our Vision of having York Region lead in community character development.
CCFYR recognizes 11 character attributes: compassion, courage, fairness, honesty, inclusiveness, initiative, integrity, optimism, perseverance, respect and responsibility.
We offer programs and events that promote the benefit that living with character creates in our families, schools, businesses and neighbourhoods by acting as a catalyst for positive change and citizen engagement.
Our Community Partners:
- The Regional Municipality of York
- The Towns of Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, the Township of King and the Cities of Markham and Vaughan
- Metroland Media Group - York Region
- Neighbourhood Network - Magna for Community
- Rogers TV
- YMCA - GTA
- York Region District School Board
- York Catholic District School Board
- York Regional Police
- Annual York Region Character Community Awards evening
- Character Community Week - Oct 24-29, 2016
- Character 4 Organizations (C40) workshops
- Celebration of Character- Community Champions Luncheon -Oct. 26, 2016
- Slap Shot Newcomer/Low income Hockey Program in York Region schools
- Music Alive Festival for York Region schools and community groups
- Network North Collaborative in East Gwillimbury – a United Way Strength Investments initiative.
The Science of Character Video - September 22, 2016
This world wide event is presented by the Let it Ripple team.
Character Day is a global day where students and educators from around the world screen short award-winning films on the science of character development from different perspectives.
This year will see over 50,000 groups participate in over 80 countries.
Character Day is a global movement that was launched in 2014 by an educational film nonprofit, Let It Ripple, to promote the science of character through film and technology.
|Live each day with ... Compassion, Courage, Fairness, Honesty, Inclusiveness, Initiative, Integrity, Optimism, Perserverance, Respect and Responsibility.|