Character Community Foundation of York Region is a not-for-profit charitable organization, launched in 2001, registered in 2007 and granted status as the first registered Character Community charity in Canada.
Our MISSION is to engage individuals and organizations in positive character development.
Our VISION is that York Region leads in community character development.
Our CORE VALUES: Collaboration, Inclusiveness, Integrity and Responsibility.
The mandate of the Character Community Foundation is to raise awareness and educate the public, private and non-profit sector on character development.
The Character Community Foundation of York Region represents a group of committed volunteers and leaders from the community, government, education and business sectors who support our ongoing Mission to engage individuals and organizations in positive character development and to work toward our Vision of having York Region lead in community character development.
Character Community Foundation of York Region recognizes 11 character attributes: compassion, courage, fairness, honesty, inclusiveness, initiative, integrity, optimism, perseverance, respect and responsibility.
We offer programs and events that promote the benefit that living with character creates in our families, schools, businesses and neighbourhoods by acting as a catalyst for positive change and citizen engagement.
Our Community Partners:
- The Regional Municipality of York
- The Towns of Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, the Township of King and the Cities of Markham and Vaughan
- Metroland Media Group - York Region
- Neighbourhood Network - Magna for Community
- Rogers TV
- YMCA - GTA
- York Region District School Board
- York Catholic District School Board
- York Regional Police
- Annual York Region Character Community Awards evening
- Character 4 Organizations (C40) workshops
- Celebration of Character- Community Champions Luncheon
- Slap Shot Newcomer/Low income Hockey Program in York Region schools
- Music Alive Festival for York Region schools and community groups
- Network North Collaborative in East Gwillimbury – a United Way Strength Investments initiative.
|Live each day with ... Compassion, Courage, Fairness, Honesty, Inclusiveness, Initiative, Integrity, Optimism, Perserverance, Respect and Responsibility.|
AUGUST Attribute: COMPASSION.
Read Kathleen Redmond's latest blog on Summertime and the living is easy...if you follow these tips!
Click here for our AUGUST Enews.
- Click here for the Community Attributes page to share and post.
- Click here for the Workplace Attributes page to share and post.
- Click here for Pinterest Boards for Resources.